2016 is upon us! This weekend Deb, Baby Crumb Saver, and I are all at a church youth conference. Besides battling the many germs from hundreds of handshakes, and juggling a 4-month old baby amidst the busy schedule (note to self: 4-month olds having trouble napping in a foreign hotel is not a good combination with a busy conference!), I’ve also had the opportunity to share a little bit about personal finance while I’m here.
So if you are visiting this website for the first time, thank you for dropping by!
Since we are in the start of a new year, and new beginnings, I thought I’d create “top hits” list of articles that might be helpful as you look to revamp your financial picture in the new year. Of course, you are welcome to navigate through our archives or search for specific topics to read too. Or you can also sign up for our email newsletter list where you will get all our new articles sent directly to your inbox.
Thanks for joining us at the top of 2016, we look forward to sharing more with you in the year to come!
- How My Belief in God Affects My Money
- A New Definition of “Rich” and a Simple Formula to Get There
- How Much Do I Have to Earn to Be Rich?
- How to Save Money In Spite of Ourselves
- How to Tell If Something is Truly Cheap
- 6 Financially Important Traits to Look for in a Wife
- 4 Financially Important Traits to Look for in a Husband
- The Art of Having Your Cake and Eating It Too
- Don’t Kill Your Money!
- The Power of the Crumbs
Budgeting and Planning:
- How an Emergency Fund Can Save You Money
- How to Budget for Maximum Savings
- Our 2014 Finances Exposed!
- Revealing Our Monthly Budget
- Life Insurance: Do I Need It?
- How We Eat for Less Than $60 a Month: A Peek into Our Food Budget
- 3 Better Reasons Why You Should Live Frugally
- India Showed Me Why I Save
- The Benefits of Systematic Giving
- Driving Off a Cliff With a New Car Loan
- If We Woke Up $200,000 in Debt!
- If We Had a Million Dollars…
- Credit Cards: Friend or Foe?
- Everyday Investing
- The Secret Ingredient to Investing
- How Should Christians View Retirement?
- Thoughts on Retirement Accounts
- Retirement: The Best Graduation Gift
- The Magic Number: 8% Investment Returns
- Investing: A Game of Risk
- Of Speculating, Investing, and Tulips
- How Stocks Make You Money
- How We’re Saving For College—And How We’re Not
- 7 Lessons as One Year Homeowners: And Paying it Off in Less than 3 Years
- How to Pay Off the House in 2 Years
- Paying Off the House: Smart Move or Silly Mistake?
- Is a Home the Best Financial Investment?
- Is Borrowing from the House a Good Idea?
- Planning a Wedding for Less than $3,000
- 6 Unconventional Ways to Save Money on Your Wedding
- How I Got Married in a Cheap Wedding Dress
Helpful Tools and Services:
- Personal Finance Software Solutions: Mint vs. Personal Capital
- Why You Should Consider Online Banking: Ally Bank & Capital One 360
- Is Your Cellphone Plan Ripping You Off?
- So I Just Bought 2 iPhones for 1⁄2 Off
- Saving $320 on an iPhone 6 Plus with Swappa
- How to Never Pay Full Price for Anything (Almost): Cardpool