Yep, it’s that time of year again.
2016 was a year fraught with financial change in our home. Here are just a few of the things that happened this year:
- It was our first full year on only one income. (Yes, our earnings dropped significantly.)
- We increased our charitable giving by 5%.
- A growing child means a growing appetite. Our little girl definitely eats above her weight class.
- We had not just one but TWO plumbing related emergences early in the year that cost us well over a thousand dollars.
- The last of our labor and delivery expenses came in this year as well.
Surely, with such expensive financial changes, we must have totally nuked the budget, right?
Well, let’s have a look at the numbers. [Read more…]