Today marks a momentous occasion in our lives. One for which we have been waiting for some time. No—the baby hasn’t come yet. Today marks exactly two years to the day from when we closed on our house…and today also marks the day when we have PAID THE FINAL PAYMENT ON THE HOUSE! That’s right, our home has been paid off in exactly two years.
Mortgages are so overrated.
If you’ve followed us for very long on this blog, then you’ve probably seen a number of posts on the topics related to our thoughts on and experiences in homeownership. Here they are again if you want to take in the full story:
- 7 Lessons as One-Year Homeowners: And paying it off in less than 3 years
- Paying Off the House: Smart Move or Silly Mistake?
- Is a Home the Best Financial Investment?
- Is Borrowing from the House a Good Idea?
- The Art of Having Your Cake and Eating It Too